Don’t we all love to have that nice, young-looking, soft-to-touch skin? But alas, the signs of aging is an inevitability as time goes on. Luckily, there are ways to keep the signs of aging at bay.
One of these ways is by adding a trustyCollagen Serum into your daily and nightly skincare routine. Packed with all the right, active, beneficial nutrients, this serum will not only encourage much younger-looking skin but will also give it that extra elasticity that makes it very supple.
With all that being said, you are now probably down for a goodOrganic Collagen Serum. And if you are, then keep on reading to learn more about what this lightweight skincare product does, and how it can effectively keep the skin looking younger and feeling more supple.
But Before Anything Else: What Makes A Good Collagen Serum?
Naturally, there are 16 different types of collagen found in the body, and collagen serum enhances the ones found in the skin cells. Collagen is responsible for the elasticity of the skin, which prevents it from sagging and wrinkling.
As we age, it is normal to lose some of this collagen. And while they cannot be replaced topically, these large molecules of collagen found in serum can fill in fine lines and retain skin moisture. As a result, this encourages well-hydrated, tighter, and smoother skin.
Generally speaking, Collagen Serum isn’t only infused with collagen itself, but with other active ingredients as well. These ingredients work well together to Boost Collagen Production.
Among the most commonly used active ingredients found in most collagen serums are the following:
- Amino acidpeptides are known to be the building blocks of collagen. Among the most commonly used forms of these peptides include palmitoyl pentapeptide, palmitoyl oligopeptide, and acetyl hexapeptide. Essentially, these peptides work well in Boosting Collagen Production n the skin.
- Another common ingredient found in collagen serums are antioxidants, and among the most popularly used is Vitamin C. Vitamin C doesn’t only help in stimulating collagen production, but it also helps in protecting the skin against sun damage, while working to even out the skin tone and fill in the appearance of fine lines.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids or AHA
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids, or most commonly abbreviated to just AHA, are active ingredients that work as exfoliants. Most collagen serums are infused with this ingredient as it has the ability to smoothen out the texture of the skin and remove any dead skin cells. AHA also effectively clears out age spots and other blemishes caused by hyperpigmentation.
- Beta Hydroxy Acids or BHA
- The mechanism of Beta Hydroxy Acids, orBHA, is nearly similar to that of AHA. Specifically, this active ingredient penetrates deeply into the pores and rids it of any oils and debris, allowing the collagen serum to seep in more efficiently into the skin.
- Retinol is a holy grail in skincare. A derivative of vitamin A, this active ingredient is popular when it comes to keeping the physical signs of aging at bay. It also works well in repairing skin damage while slowing down the production of melanin, allowing the skin to glow and stay supple.
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Hyaluronic Acid is yet another holy grail when it comes to skincare. Also a naturally occurring compound in the skin, this active ingredient works well in retaining and locking in moisture deep into the skin. As a result, the skin remains to be soft and well-hydrated, which is another key in Boosting Collagen Production.
Our Best Bet: Boost Collagen Production By Using Zone 365 Beauty’s Collagen Serum
When it comes to finding the ideal collagen serum, then we are confident thatZone 365 Beauty’s Collagen Serum is the best bet! Packed with peptides that come in very small particles, this collagen serum efficiently aids in skin rejuvenation and cell regeneration.
One thing that separates Zone 365 Beauty’s Collagen Serum is its lightweight, organic, and vegan-friendly formula. Curated using only the most natural ingredients available, you rest assured that serum itself is not only friendly to your skin, but to the environment as well.
Additionally, the Zone 365 Beauty Collagen Serum is formulated to be a powerhouse treatment that is packed with 16% Hydrolyzed Collagen with 10% Sodium Hyaluronate. Together, these two ingredients work hand-in-hand on keeping the elasticity and hydration of the skin.
For even better results, we highly recommend partnering one 365 Beauty’s Collagen Serum with an Anti-aging Serum. Combined, these serums will help your skin keep its radiant, natural-looking, and much younger-looking glow.
How To: Effectively Applying Collagen Serum
Of course, you may be wondering how a collagen serum is used. In this section, we will walk you through four quick and easy steps in efficiently making the most out of your collagen serum.
Step One: Cleansing
Before anything else, it is important to make sure that your skin is clean prior to the application of any products. That said, the first step should always be cleansing.
Opt for a gentle, lightly exfoliating facial cleanser and wash your face with it as you would. Be gentle and work your way on soft, circular motions. Rinse your face and lightly pat it dry with a soft cloth or towel.
Step Two: Toner
After cleansing your face, it’s now time for the toner. Personally, we pick one that is alcohol-free and gentle to the skin.
You may apply your toner by squeezing a good amount into your cotton pad and gently wipe it all over your face. Or, if you don’t want to use cotton pads, then go ahead and squeeze in a few drops onto your palms and softly pat it on your face. Wait for a few seconds for your skin to dry up and fully absorb the product.
Step Three: The serum
Now while your face is still moist and soft, squeeze in a few drops of your collagen serum. Ideally, two to three drops are enough, but you can go for more if you wish.
You can squeeze the drops of serum directly onto your face or on your fingertips. Gently spread the product evenly onto your face.
As an added special treatment, we like to follow this with our facial roller of choice. The facial roller will help your skin absorb the product more efficiently while getting a relaxing, skin-tightening gentle massage.
Step Four: Lock everything in with a moisturizer
Last and not least, don’t forget your moisturizer. After your skin has absorbed the serum and it is still slightly damp, dab on your moisturizer.
You can do this lightly or go as liberal as you would want. Essentially, moisturizing right after you apply your serum helps lock in all the hydrating effects of the product, keeping your skin more hydrated all throughout the day or all night.